Wednesday, March 14, 2007

 

Laurie (what a babe!) and I went to the Queen Mary for a Valentine's Date Night dance. We had a decent time and the Queen Mary is very cool.
And two days before Valentine's was my 38th birthday- wow, that is old! Laurie made a delicious carrot cake with soccer decorations and the C's joined us to celebrate at church as we were there for Cub Scouts, Breakout, and the kids' choir practices.



****************************************************************
I was reading in World magazine that Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has made a habit of praying the Litany of Humility. It told enough about it to stir my curiosity so I looked it up on the web and printed out to pray myself. I thought others would appreciate it so I have posted it here. It really captures the heart of Jesus and expresses what I long to be like.

LITANY OF HUMILITY

O Jesus, meek and humble of heart, hear me.

From the desire of being esteemed,
deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being loved,
From the desire of being extolled,
From the desire of being honored,
From the desire of being praised,
From the desire of being preferred to others,
From the desire of being consulted,
From the desire of being approved,

From the fear of being humiliated,
deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being despised,
From the fear of suffering rebukes,
From the fear of being calumniated,
From the fear of being forgotten,
From the fear of being ridiculed,
From the fear of being wronged,
From the fear of being suspected,

That others may be loved more than I,
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be esteemed more than I,
That in the opinion of the world, others may increase, and I may decrease,
That others may be chosen and I set aside,
That others may be praised and I unnoticed,
That others may be preferred to me in everything,
That others may become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should.

- Rafael Cardinal Merry del Val
Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?